Poker lasted until the wee hours of the morning, so there was no more progress yesterday, as expected. Leslie showed up in the middle of the night too, escaping from Portland for the weekend.
Waking up at the crack of 1pm, we started on the wall boards. The process is fairly simple, but incredibly repetitive and labor-intensive. I first cut the plywood to the right shape (see the whiteboard plans from yesterday) on my makeshift cutting table (read: two chairs.)
After the sheets are cut to the right size, I measure out and draw an 8"x8" grid on it, avoiding the wall studs in the appropriate places. Using a 7/16" drill bit, I then drill holes at all the intersections. When that's done, I power sand down both sides. The board is then prepped. The next step is to put the T-Nuts into all the holes. First coat the t-nuts in adhesive, and then hammer them into the holes.
Several hours later, the walls are all completed. They're now laid up against the wall and waiting for the glue to dry. And now it's time for Red Robin. Tonight, we will hopefully get it all up on the wall in my room. All the cutting is done.
Looking at the massive size of all the done boards, I'm suddenly not feeling good about the number of holds I bought. I fear that I might need to do a massive web order of bulk holds tomorrow. This is all I have right now, which doesn't seem like it's really going to cover 16'x8'.
Edit: After dinner, we brought the 2x4s inside, and finally got them all screwed into the wall by 11pm.
I then realized that I only had 3" screws, and that if I used them to screw the plywood to the 2x4s, I'd sink another half inch of them into the drywall. So, in the interest of less screwholes to fix upon moveout, I'm going to wait until tomorrow, and then buy a bunch of 2" screws, and then put up the plywood then. So close...